Volunteer for BPF18
Brighton Photo Fringe supports the photographers of tomorrow. Every two years, we design and deliver a city-wide festival of exhibitions and events that attracts local, national and international participants, partners and audiences. It is fundamental to us that our activities are inclusive and accessible to all.
BPF18 runs throughout October 2018. We are now seeking interest from those who would like to work with us this year in a volunteer capacity.
If you are interested in volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
WE'RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO:
• Are interested in Brighton Photo Fringe, our work and ethos
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Are enthusiastic, quick to learn, and reliable
• Are friendly and welcoming, acting as a strong advocate for BPF
• Invigilate festival spaces throughout October 2018
• Carry out visitor surveys and visitation numbers
• Assist in planning and delivery of programmed events
• Help with set up and take down of events
• Helping on specific events including: BPF First Mondays, launch party, book fair, artist talks, festival tours and workshops.
VOLUNTEERING OFFERS YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
• Meet new and like-minded people and create new networks
• Develop and learn skills in event organisation
• Meet artists and curators and hear about their work
• Gain experience of the day to day running of arts festivals and events
• Play a key part in an exciting and high quality visual arts event
Your time, skills and enthusiasm are incredibly valuable to Brighton Photo Fringe and we want to ensure that you have an equally valuable and enjoyable experience with us.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
• An introduction to the BPF including an overview of the festival, key contacts, venue, information and maps
• A rota with allocated shifts, as pre-agreed with you
• References and support with your future endeavours
• A thank you end-of-festival get together
We'll run a networking and training session for all volunteers to meet each other, BPF staff members and Board at the beginning of the festival. This session must be attended, as it will set the foundation for the festival, giving you the opportunity to ask questions and gain more insight and information before starting your volunteering.